Elwood School #203 Curriculum
Go to this link for the Elwood School Curriculum Resources (i.e. Common Core Standards and Information/Opinion Writing Rubrics)
The Elwood Community Consolidated School District #203 curriculum has been developed to reflect the Common Core State Standards. Through the Common Core, students will demonstrate and deepen their understanding of basic knowledge and skills, having them better prepared for college or careers. The ability to use these skills will greatly influence students’ success in school, in the workplace, and in the community. Areas of focus include:
- Solving Problems - Recognize and investigate problems; formulate and propose solutions support by reason and evidence.
- Communicating - Express and interpret information and ideas.
- Using Technology - Use appropriate instruments, electronic equipment, computer, and networks to access information, process ideas and communicate results.
- Working on Teams - Learn and contribute productively as individuals and members of a group.
- Making Connections - Recognize and apply connections of important informations and ideas within and among learning areas.
To have a closer look at the Common Core State Standards, go to http://www.corestandards.org/